Celebrating 100 Summers
Camp Wood YMCA is celebrating our 100th birthday--and you're invited!
Everyone is welcome to attend including alumni, staff, supporters and community members. In addition, we invite new campers and families who would like to visit camp and learn more about us!
Camp Wood YMCA Centennial: Celebrating 100 Summers
Saturday, May 7th, 2016 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. (lunch provided)
Join us for a free, family-friendly Open House celebrating Camp Wood YMCA's 100th Summer. Though this event is free, we strongly encourage you to RSVP below.
We have a lot planned for you!
- Camp activities like Archery, Arts & Crafts, Prairie Hikes and more!
- Walking tours though new and historic camp facilities.
- Stories, stories, stories...We'll be sharing and collecting memories, traditions and reflections from members of the Camp Wood YMCA family through the years.
- Opportunities to reunite with former campers and staff.
- Debut of Camp Wood YMCA: Celebrating a Century of Summer Camp in the Kansas Flint Hills, a hardbound book featuring the people, history and impact of Camp Wood. Books will be available for purchase!
Limited lodging will be available at Camp Wood YMCA Friday and Saturday night. Costs for on-camp lodging vary. Call (620) 273-8641 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your lodging today.
Additional off-camp lodging is available in Chase County. Explore Chase County accommodations.
During the main event on Saturday, lunch will be provided at no cost. However, if you choose to stay with us Friday or Saturday night and would like to eat at camp, meal tickets are available for purchase. RSVP and purchase meal tickets below.
Your RSVP is important!
Though the main event is free, we strongly encourage you to RSVP. You'll receive important updates on event activities, instructions for parking and check-in, and exciting ways you can get involved leading up to the event. You'll also be able to purchase meal tickets and request lodging information.